I can not believe it’s actually more than one month since I last posted anything here on the blog. On one hand, I didn’t have many finishes to share, and on the other, I didn’t seem to find the right time just to sit and write.
However, I worked quite a lot these past weeks. I shared some of that progress on Instagram, but I thought that it would be a nice idea to write a summary as a starting point to resume posting on the blog.
1. I finished three different knitting projects. One was in fact finished in February, the other one in March, and the last one still needs to be blocked (my blocking mat isn’t big enough, so I’m looking for a solution).
2. I finished all my blocks for the Triangles QAL, and cut all the background pieces. I have started to work on the layout for it, but for the moment it’s waiting on the design wall.
3. I also finished cutting all the squares (372!!) for my new leaders-and-enders project. They look great together, don’t they?
4. I started and finished a whole quilt. Post to come!!
5. I’ve been embroidering, a lot. I am working in two different projects: the first one, a small one from a course I took in January at Cotton&Color, and whose progress I shared on Instagram. The second one, I started a new Majorcan-style embroidery, that is going to be my new portable project.
6. I was planning to join the #100blocks100days challenge, but with the schedule change it suffered, and reflecting on everything I have on my table, I’ve decided I’m not going to participate. I will sew the quilt; I already have the fabric and the book and I’m really looking forward to working on it. However, I don’t see myself posting regularly for 100 days, specially with the summer holidays in between.
7. With that off my list, and after some thought, I joined the Golden Days Template of the Month program by Jen Kingwell. It’s a project that will push me outside my comfort zone, and for which I decided to work only from my stash (well, I might be short of some background fabric, but that’s the only exception I’m allowing myself to make regarding getting new fabric for it). Also, apart from the appliqué blocks, I’m thinking of sewing the whole thing by hand…
On the next days I plan to post the finishes and resuming a more regular writing schedule!