This little iron is March’ block for the Cotton & Color‘s BoM. As the previous blocks, the pattern called for paper-foundation piecing, and after the last good experience with English-paper piecing, I gave this block a try.
I must admit I’m not as happy as I was with the teapot. Most of the wrinkles appeared after I starched the block once finished (I have been observing that in The Splendid Sampler™ blocks as well, so I’m reconsidering it), but some are due to a deficient basting. I don’t know if I should use a more rigid paper (I used printer paper 80g/m²) or it’s simply that I made it wrong. For the moment the seam allowances are kept folded behind the block; I took care of giving enough margin when basting the templates so I shouldn’t have any problem when putting the quilt together.
The embroidery detail is backstitched with Anchor floss n. 399.
April almost caught me; as it was hand-sewn I alternated the piecing of this block with the sampler’s blocks and some other projects. I wonder if there would be a seam ripper in this Mystery quilt…