There’s a lot going behind the scenes these days. I’ve though I will post about it so I don’t feel I’m not accomplishing anything just because there’s no specific finish to share. And because this is also part of the journey, and I like to see how things have progressed when I look back to previous post. That being said, let’s go:
– I finally found the time to work on the Jelly Roll quilt from the class with Me and My Sister Designs. I unpicked the part that was already put together (and that didn’t match), and now the first quarter of the quilt is finished, with all the seams matching as they were supposed to do. And I finished to add the triangle-corners to all the basic pieces… this is how they look like, ready to be trimmed and pressed. Chain-piecing is just wonderful.
– I worked also on the pattern “Buttons & Thread”, from the same class. To this moment it’s all already cut for the “Buttons” pattern, and ready to be used as a leader-and-ender project.
– I also finished the second pair of the “Makin’it Cute” mitten templates. And I have already decided to convert these two into a bunting, or just make a bunting from scratch and keep these for the Christmas tree… Well, I’ve decided I’m going to make a bunting. I need to buy some fabric, though.
– I’ve finished one project that was due this June! On time! I’ll share it once it’s given to its recipient.
– Some more work on the Stars-quilt. The updated statistics are:
Stars basted: 84/84 (504/504 templates)
Stars sewn: 84 /84
Background pieces basted: 245/504 (+59 from the last stats)
Stars completed: 0
– And last but not least, for The Splendid Sampler™ : block n.31 is one of those that need to run on the slow lane, just to get the most of it (my embroidery skills are growing at an incredible pace with this sampler!). So moving to the next blocks meanwhile.
I’m glad to see some progress on the “long run” projects. It helps keeping motivation high!