November has been a busy month, and I haven’t get done all that I had hoped to, mostly because I have begun new projects that weren’t on the original to-do list for this month.
– The Stars-quilt is progressing really slowly. I need to spend more time on this one if I want to have the top ready to be quilted for September next year.
Stars basted: 84/84 (504/504 templates)
Stars sewn: 84 /84
Background pieces basted: 504/504
Stars completed: 12/84 (+5 from the last stats)
– My second knitting project, a top, is advancing at a particular pace: one step ahead, two behind. I’m working on the neck, and I think it’s the third time I’m knitting the same rows… (so much fun to be a beginner!).
– I jumped in a sew along hosted at We All Sew, the Sugarplum table runner by Faith Jones (Fresh Lemons Quilts). I had been thinking about a new table runner for the Christmas season and I absolutely loved that one! Not that I hadn’t enough projects on my table… For this one, I’m using mostly fabric I already had, which feels just fantastic. At the moment I have to finish the second set of blocks and put the top together. And quilt it….
– The Buttons quilt from the Buttons and Thread pattern by Me and My Sister Designs has seen some progress. It looks like the only thing I needed to do was to have it near my sewing machine. I had it cut and ready to go as a leaders-and-enders project, but hadn’t work on it… until I moved the box from the shelves to the table. So happy about that!
– Christmas sewing: now I need to hurry on these if I want them delivered this year.
The Splendid Sampler is up-to-date (not the blogging part of it, though), as well as the Star-sampler by Amanda Rolfe at 3and3quarters. Fortunately, this one has a relaxed release schedule, so I can easily keep up. And the BoM by Cotton&Color is coming to and end, and it looks like the assembling won’t be a piece of cake…