(Each month I write a monthly summary about what’s going on behind the finishedblocks and projects shared on the everyday posts of the blog. That helps me in keeping track of the on-going projects and acts as a motivation guide).
February was marked by two unexpected trips that keep me away of the sewing room. On the other hand, they helped in advancing hand-sewn, portable projects.
– All 100 blocks for The Splendid Sampler™ are finished! I can’t believe I’ve actually made it! Now I’m going to take a couple of weeks break to catch on other things and I’ll start revisiting those blocks that require so and start putting the sampler together. I already have decided on the setting, I just need to audit the fabric for it.
– The 2016 BoM by Cotton&Color was planned to start being quilted on January. However, I couldn’t spend time on it. I don’t foresee any advance for it on March, even though I would like to have it, at least, basted.
– I finished the blocks for the “Buttons” pattern by Me and My Sister Designs. I want to have the top finished by the end of March!
– The Star-Sampler quilt along by Amanda of 3and3quarters is up-to-date.
– The Stars-quilt was the major beneficiary of my trips this month:
Stars basted: 84/84 (504/504 templates)
Stars sewn: 84 /84
Background pieces basted: 504/504
Stars completed: 24/84 (+6 from the last stats)
– I finished the first block for the Flower Festival quilt-along by Leah Day. I already posted about the piecing of this one, and I plan to post about the quilting part later this week. However, I couldn’t start the second one, so I’m thinking to skip directly to the March’s block and catch up with February’s as soon as possible.
– I also couldn’t work on the Cotton&Color‘s Project of the Month pattern for February. I did however end January’s pouch. Post to come.
– The Quilt Block Cookbook sew-along by Amy Gibson of Stitchery Dickory Dock is the neglected project this month. I couldn’t keep up with the weekly block, so I have like 6 weeks to catch up. But I did prioritize the Splendid Sampler blocks, so now I’ll try to find some time to sew along. I was having lots of fun playing with my fabric stash and I already have several ideas for the blocks.
– And I wanted to finish the quilt from the course I did on Laura Heine‘s collage quilts, but it just didn’t happen. It’s taking priority this month, hope I can have it finished also before the end of it.
On a brighter side, I did finish two projects! My knitted top is finished and waiting to be blocked! And I was able to finish a long-running embroidery project. As always, each of them will get its on post on the blog.
Although I couldn’t stick to my original plan for February, looking back I realise I did some great progress on the Stars-quilt, and I was able to finish two projects! Not to mention, having 100 blocks finished…That’s how all of them look like together!