I found the third block for the #EPPparty quite challenging: not for the shapes themselves (it’s like sewing hexagons), but for the fabric placement. I gave it a lot of thought before deciding how I was going to face it, not wanting a scrappy block. I reminded myself I was aiming at a “Garden of succulents” with this quilt, so I fussy cut the succulent pictures and added the leaves print to reinforce the idea.
Although I decided on the red-orange fabrics to give contrast to the other two, and thinking perhaps on succulent flowers, on Instagram I got comments pointing out they resembled terracotta pots. I just loved the idea, so now this block is a potted garden.
On this one I changed the heavy paper used before (120g/m2) for a light card stock (160g/m2). It worked better, so I think I will continue using the later on the following blocks.
Total block pieces: 50