EPP Party #12: Chicago star

The blog has been quite quiet these past days. At the moment I’m working on long-term projects with no results worth sharing. And life happens and I don’t have so much time to sew as to maintain a regular posting schedule. However, I’ve joined a really fun challenge on Instagram, #30minssewingdaily hosted by Melanie Meyer, that encourages the participants to sew at least 30 minutes per day. Not much, some may think, but it’s great helping to get things done.

And in this context I sewed the 12th block for the EppParty. Not the last block, as it was an announced surprise that there would be a bonus 13th block… which is 24 x 24″!!!

As I wasn’t sure about the fabric, I just built the block each section at a time, taking into account the past blocks and how much each fabric had been used so far. For instance, the central square succulents were only featured on the first block so far!

Total block pieces: 49

(The party is hosted by Mister Domestic and Pat Bravo and runs on Instagram under the hashtag #EPPparty).

Advertisements

EPP Party #10: Geese Encounter

Well, another block with difficult fabric choices! The combination of the light pink print with the green central triangles on two of the flying geese units doesn’t quite work (although in the beginning it looked just right –sigh-). I will assess it again at the end of the QAL and re-do it, if needed, according to the overall look of the quilt.

Total block pieces: 61

(The party is hosted by Mister Domestic and Pat Bravo and runs on Instagram under the hashtag #EPPparty).

EPP Party #9: Sugar wheel

Another block with a fabric combination that doesn’t fit in my normal scheme. In this one I was trying, more than to picture something specific, to bring the different fabric and colour combinations already used in different blocks together in one piece, to give cohesion to the overall quilt.

I also shifted the position of some of the pieces. At the end, I do quite like the final result.

Total block pieces: 58

(The party is hosted by Mister Domestic and Pat Bravo and runs on Instagram under the hashtag #EPPparty).

EPP Party #8: Anana

A pineapple block English-paper-pieced? Yes! Although I think that if I need to sew some of these again I will turn to traditional piecing, it was interesting to play with it. The biggest issue were the long seams – they were endless to sew!-.

At first I wasn’t sure how to tackle the fabrics for this one, but then the “pineapple” shapes reminded me of the pillow I did some months ago, and it was clear how this block needed to look like.

So four new succulents for my particular garden!

(Btw, I’m in love with the colour scheme of this one. I may keep it in mind for future inspiration…)

Total block pieces: 37

(The party is hosted by Mister Domestic and Pat Bravo and runs on Instagram under the hashtag #EPPparty).

EPP Party #8: Anana

A pineapple block English-paper-pieced? Yes! Although I think that if I need to sew some of these again I will turn to traditional piecing, it was interesting to play with it. The biggest issue were the long seams – they were endless to sew!-.

At first I wasn’t sure how to tackle the fabrics for this one, but then the “pineapple” shapes reminded me of the pillow I did some months ago, and it was clear how this block needed to look like.

So four new succulents for my particular garden!

(Btw, I’m in love with the colour scheme of this one. I may keep it in mind for future inspiration…)

Total block pieces: 37

(The party is hosted by Mister Domestic and Pat Bravo and runs on Instagram under the hashtag #EPPparty).

Stars-quilt August’17 update

The Stars-quilt is on track! A weekend trip helped to do some extra stitching, so from now on I only have left three months at the set pace of six stars per month. In December I should be able to start putting this quilt together!

Stars basted: 84/84 (504/504 templates)
Stars sewn: 84 /84
Background pieces basted: 504/504
Stars completed: 66/84 (+9 from the last stats)

Stars-quilt July’17 update

This month was mostly about knitting, finishing things and trying to keep up-to-date with the EppParty. However, having a set goal helped in keeping this project on track and six new completed stars were added to the pile.

Stars basted: 84/84 (504/504 templates)
Stars sewn: 84 /84
Background pieces basted: 504/504
Stars completed: 57/84 (+6 from the last stats)