This year I’m late with the review / goals posts, but late is better than never, isn’t it? I started to write the 2017 review blog post, and at the end, I just started to write something completely different, that being this current text. Without photos, the previous document was two pages large! No way I was to post that…
And that reflects a reality that has been bothering me for a while: I have too many projects. It also shows the major issue I had in 2017. I had planned it to be the year I’d learn to quilt. Well, if something, I learned that my little sewing machine had serious limitations when it came to quilting, and it was at the end of the year that I got a new, bigger machine, that I still need to get to know. At the moment I have 5 quilt tops waiting to be quilted!
However, I did finish some things: the “Buttons” pattern, by Me and My Sister Designs, a table runner, also by Me and My Sister Designs, the Purrfect pattern (aka Marilyn), by Laura Heines , and a pillow cover that turned out to be the perfect gift for my brother! And I completed several small projects, most of them part of the Project of the Month program run by Cotton&Color.
Even though I haven’t quilted them, I completed several quilt tops that were on my to-do list, I joined two unexpected quilt-alongs that are up-to-date one, and on the final stages the other. One of the quilt tops is from a course I took in November with Dörte Bach. I’m really proud of it, as it was something I improvised from a jelly-roll, without a pattern. I put the top together in 5 working days! It’s going to be a full-bed size quilt (around 140 cm x 200 cm) and I can’t wait to start quilting it!
Another big achievement was to finish the blocks for the Stars-quilt. I already have a plan to put them together, so it’s progressing! I can’t believe it’s been more than two years since I began it, and still there’s so much left to do on this one…
I gave up the Festival Flower quilt-along by Leah Day, once I realised I couldn’t work further on it with my machine. The Splendid Sampler™ is still waiting, although now I have all the fabric I need for the sashing.
If anything, this year I’ve knitted, and learnt, a lot. I didn’t expect to enjoy this craft so much! I finished the projects I’d planned to (well, with some modifications), and started and finished several more. All of them can be found under the Knitting category, and on my Ravelry page (latassatorta), which I keep updated.
And I finished my Majorcan-style embroidery, which had been a long running one!, but I didn’t start any other embroidery project, although I have three of them waiting in a drawer.
These days I’m planning and organising a lot. I once wrote “But most important: keep in mind that this is my hobby. I can get done what I can get done, and I should not get any stress from it.” I need to remind myself that, and work accordingly. I plan to write a second post with the 2018 goals, which will need to bear that in mind.